Sunday, December 18, 2011

easiest cookies ever!

I saw this recipe on Pinterest. I have lots of things pinned with the intention of actually getting off my butt to try them so tonight was the night. If you have no clue what the heck I am talking about, check out the phenomenon here.
 I have not actually started any holiday baking yet & I had a party to go to so I thought why the hell not try these.

Red Velvet Cake Cookies:

1 package (8oz.) of cream cheese
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 Box Red Velvet Cake
Confectioners Sugar for rolling


1. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.

Who needs an electric mixer when I have him?



2. Beat in the egg.


3. Beat in the vanilla extract & listen to your hubby when he tells you to put in more 'cause a little extra vanilla won't hurt anyone.

4. Beat in the cake mix. (So Beat it! Just Beat it!)


5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.

6.After batter has chilled and you're ready to make the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F.

7. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar.
Don't be alarmed when you roll these & your hands look like you just murdered somebody.



8. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.

9. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies should remain soft and gooey.

10. Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired


These were very cakey....I liked them but not enough to actually sit down and eat a dozen of them in one sitting. They are super easy, super fun & I will definitly add them to my yearly cookie recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment