Friday, January 6, 2012

a hairy beast of a week

I headed into this new year with such high hopes and this week totally blew.
It has just been one of those weeks, where everything that could did go wrong, your husbands pmsing (yes this really happens to men!), you realize there is life after the holidays, your car breaks down, you know the stuff......


ok ok....I guess it could have been worse. The end of the week is shaping up especially because I have people around me to make it better! (Love you girls!)

 Remember those little goals I was going to do every week, well as life will have it I have not done anything this week & here it is Friday.
I have actually set up a new goal for this weekend, to get the alternator in Steven's car fixed.
Wednesday we switched cars so he could drive the truck for a change and I went through my morning routine without a hitch and packed the kids in the car, got in & it just clicked at me. What the...
It is funny because 4 year olds just do not understand the mechanics of a car. Sebastien leaned up to the front seat & said "Just tell it to start Mommy & I'm sure it will. Just turn the key like this" his hand motioning turning a key. Like I did not know what I was doing. It made me smile though. He gleefully jumped back out of the car & into the house thinking he was getting a day with mommy. Good thing for in-laws, because  not only did they answer the phone at 6:30 in the morning but drove to my house picked our butts up & saved the day for me anyway.
I guess I did meet a goal this week, I realized that you can not sweat the little things, especially the ones that is an everyday opposition. Its not like this was the first car to ever break down or I was the first ever person to have a bad week. It happens......as Steven puts it "We will get through this just like everything else" I just let it go (basically letting my husband take care of it)

On another topic our New Years party went great. We had a great time with our friends and family. We had so much food we could have fed an army & enough drink to go with it. I did ring it in with a banger of a hangover, thank goodness for husbands and sister in-laws (again with the in-laws) that help you & clean your house afterwards. We have enough recycling and garbage bags to keep Waste Management busy for awhile. Man, parties are hard work!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a rough start to 2012! Hope next week is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It started to turn around Friday night, as it always should!

    ReplyDelete