Monday, January 23, 2012

how to teach a 4 year old to



all right I am gonna do it...here it goes...how do I get my 4 year old to wipe his own butt! I mean isn't this function already prewritten into our brains. I sat down & tried to think... hard of my parents teaching me to wipe myself. Sure you remember all the slogans along the way...wipe front to back..blah, blah, but I have absolutely no recollection of just how my knowledge came to be.
Sebastien has been fully potty trained for about 1 1/2 years, but the boy is almost 5 & still can not for the life of him wipe his butt. I have let him try & lets just say I had to get a haz-mat suit to clean the toilet area. Worse is he likes to play with the toilet paper and wad it up into a huge ball.
 I am just thinking who is gonna be there for him when he starts school in September (I know!). I just imagine him sitting in the bathroom stall yelling "Come wipe my butt" to no avail & when that school bell rings & the rest of the children scoot along getting on their buses, he is still in the stall trying to get someone to wipe his butt.
Steven & I have had many discussions on this (who knew you would grow up to have conversations with your lover about wiping butts!) & he thinks I should just bite the bullet & let the kid dive in himself. (I mean that literally) but I am the one left cleaning the mess up. It is gross people! We already glance at each other when we hear him calling from the bathroom both ready to exclaim "I did it last time"
And here I was thinking him learning to spell and write his name before starting school was going to be a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment