Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Look at the time

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."     Jack Burrough


In our hectic lives, we never take a moment to sit back & realize just what we are missing. We are to busy doing this or that, having to do laundry, make dinner, feed a baby, take the dog out, make lunches, rushing off to work, to make time where we really need it.
Sebastien has been asking me for weeks to sit down with him & play with some playdoh. I have always had an excuse & told him maybe tomorrow. Well tomorrow kept coming & going.
Tonight when he asked me again, I decided to make the choice to make some time with him. Dinner could wait, dishes could wait & baths could wait. I sat back as he played & I realized that his childhood is really a short time to enjoy all these things, because when he gets older he is not going to ask his mother to sit & play with him anymore. He is not going to want to sit, jockey everyone else for the best position, & cuddle with you or hell even be around you. I realized that I need to make time for the things that are really important in my life. I needed to sit back and prioritize my outlook on the daily things that needed to be done in our household. I have been neglecting the most important ones.


We sat in the kitchen & had the time of our lives. The only thing that was sacrificed was that the plates had to wait until tomorrow to be cleaned

No comments:

Post a Comment